[mythtv-users] mythtranscode results in 15GB files

Lachlan McIntosh lachlan at directions.com.au
Mon Oct 25 22:41:24 UTC 2004

Seems that I can only restart Myth backend a couple of times before it
causes the drivers for my Leadtek capture card to crap themselves.

After this I get segfault if I execute anything (think "ls" or "reboot"
from an existing SSH session)... This is a hard reset and all is ok
again....

It doesn't seem to affect the DVB-T card that I have - my guess is that
it is just streaming the input from that card to disk where the analogue
card has to frame capture.

I intend to replace the Leadtek card with a PVR-250 or a DVB card that
has hardware MPEG-2.

However a PVR-250 is about $400 Australian - I make ok money writing
software, but for a "Cheap" PVR this project is starting to add up.

Thanks
Lachlan McIntosh