[mythtv-users] mythtranscode results in 15GB files

Shawn core at enodev.com
Mon Oct 25 21:36:47 UTC 2004

What exactly makes your myth box need rebooting? mythtranscode does
nothing exotic, but it almost looks like long running CPU hogs seem to
cause mysql to clog, or to get f&cked somehow...

I've written a script to detect some of the symptoms of that and take
appropriate action (restarting mysql and mythbackend), and other than
issues with mythtranscode and large files (which I've also written
monitors and workarounds for) I am usually perfectly stable (minus
frontend crashes) until upgrade time. Let me know if you'd like those
perl scripts.

Cheers!
Shawn