[mythtv-users] pcHDTV with PVR-350 for output

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Mon Oct 25 19:49:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 15:11, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> I have no problems at all with an Athlon XP 3200+ and a GeForce FX 5200.

I haven't checked the CPU load, but on my Athlon XP 2500+ (barton core)
and GeForce FX 5200, I'm having some trouble with my current settings on
Myth, but it works great using "mplayer -vo xv /dev/video32" to watch
TV.  I'm using Jarod's XF86Config file, so instead of true 1080i, it's
540p (and the horizontal resolution is cut in half).

I have a Gentoo system with all the latest everything.  I believe that
mplayer has xvmc support.

My to-do list includes:

* Try to get a real 1080i mode working (is it even possible with the
latest nVidia drivers?)
* Get Myth to play as well as mplayer.
* Benchmark the CPU load
* Experiment with transcoding of HDTV

Issues with HDTV and Myth that I think are still outstanding:

* Auto-switching of video modes to match source (1080i vs. 720p
primarily)
* Graphics assume a 4:3 display, so they look weird on a 16:9 (at least
with the blue theme)

--PC