[mythtv-users] Cle266 unichrome, CVS + inverted colour

Matt Collins matt at clues.com
Mon Oct 25 11:18:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 11:54:31AM +0200, Steven wrote:
> You have to enable both XVMC and XVMC VLD to enable the unichrome mpeg
> decoder.

Hm, I did try that too - I also tried with 'Xv picture controls' both
on and off, but I'll fiddle some more when I get home, thanks for the
suggestions ;)

> What you are seeing is probably Xv out with hue setting that is off.

That seems to be the consensus - I'm surprised, in that I haven't changed
any of the channel 'default' Xv settings, but I guess the proof is in the
pudding - I'll try tonight ;)

Out of interest, should playback filters work? If I wasnt using
hardware scaling I would have expected inverse to reverse the video
but it didn't have any (visible) impact.

> But after goin trough all that I tried using my epia-M10k without the
> hardware acceleration and it now works without any stuttering (even with
> deinterlacing on) and full color OSD. It never used to work with my

Yeah. I'm trying to get 'everything' working so I can put up a step by
step 'my experiences' guide with subjective opinions on whether
ivtv/cle266/native is better and how well the work with myth music/video/dvd
playback - obviously the cle266 has embryonic GL support, etc, too
so visualisations, etc, may be improved. Right now I'm just trying to
nail down stable basic Myth operation in all 3 modes though.

I'm also hoping to slow down my CPU fan, so I need to take as much load
off as possible. It is way, way, noisy. Louder than the case fan
and hard drive by far.

Matt