[mythtv-users] Benefits of a second card

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 10:09:03 UTC 2004

I am thinking of getting a second (identical) dvb card for my mythbox.
I was wondering what exactly is and isnt possible. These are the
current features that i believe will be available please feel free to
correct and add to this:

1) PiP
2) recording and watching different shows simultaneously
3) Playback of different shows on two different frontends ??

How clever is mythtv when it comes to multiple cards and
viewing/recording does it treat them in the expected way, i.e. if one
is busy it uses the other one when a call for the feed is given?

Are there any other benefits than those i have listed?

Paul