[mythtv-users] Cle266 unichrome, CVS + inverted colour

Matt Collins matt at clues.com
Mon Oct 25 09:24:08 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running CVS mythtv from yesterday to
utilise the unichrome support on an epia10k. Kernel is 2.6.9 using native
lirc in myth with alsa, ivtv and cle266 built in. I'm using a PVR350 to record
with ivtv 0.2.0rc2 and XFree 4.4.0 with the r26 unichrome patches. Its a PAL
system capturing and displaying at 720x568 for now.

Now, the ivtv stuff is working fine for capture, and the 'preview' generated
list in the media archive shows a small snippet of the program in the right
colours, but when viewed the image displayed is a video negative - skin looks
blue, etc.

If I use my patched unichrome/nuv/ivtv mplayer to play the .nuv file directly
the colours are correct so it looks like I messed something up mythwise. I
have tried using the output filter 'inverse' by typing inverse with no arguments
into the custom filters box under the playback settings menu but output
appears unchanged, presumably because we're using the XVMC hardware acceleration.

I do *not* have ivtv or XVMC hardware acceleration checked in the menu. I *do*
have XVMC VLD (via only) checked.

I am compiling under gentoo, but am not using the ebuilds as they are too old
for the unichrome support - its just a straight CVS checkout, configure,
edit settings.pro, qmake mythtv.pro and make. I'm using ebuilds for all the
dependancy libraries like mame, qt, etc. X, mplayer, unichrome (libxvmc) drm and
kernel are all compiled from source + patches by me.

If nobody has run into this before I'll recompile with debug on tonight and
see what comes up, but given the flawless recording, playback with mplayer
and 'preview' image I imagine I've just been 'dumb' somewhere.

Matt