[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Chris Brodie Chris.Brodie at macquarie.com
Mon Oct 25 05:08:16 UTC 2004

First post here...

I'm looking at buying the parts needed for my first MythTV system and I
thought I'd run the hardware list by you guys prior to blowing my cash
on something that has known problems or perhaps doesn't do what I think
it does. I hate to come in asking question so raw on this topic but
until I have the kit I can't really start learning more about how to
operate this kind of stuff.

I've researched this for a while across various sites so hopefully I'm
not too far off:

-Silverstone LC-04 case (Best looking case I could find.). 2 PCI slots
only though riser.

-Albatron KM-18g Motherboard. It has onboard Network, Video, TV, Audio
(just AC97 but I only have TV speakers right now).

-AMD Semperon 2400. Cheapest processor I could find for above board. I
may even be able to underclock it.

-Seagate 200gb 7200.7. The quietest 'big disk' I could find.

-Leadtek Winfast 2000XP. Leadtek site says it does encoding in a
roundabout way. This card was exceeding cheap so I REALLY want to make
sure it does hardware encoding before I continue.

-IR port? No idea. I was sort of thinking that I'd drill a hole in the
front of the case and stick the IR in that but I haven't looked in to
anything IR yet. I guess I'm hoping I can find something that I could
plug right in to the board rather than running a cable out the back and
in to the serial port. How do you guys do it?

Does anyone have any comments?

Many thanks,

Chris

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.