[mythtv-users] OT - Getting (Avermedia 771) DVB-T running under Mandrake 10.0

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 03:21:15 UTC 2004

Howdy,

Seems like this would be a good place to ask this question, since I
spent most of my weekend trying to solve this goddam problem.

I can't get my DVB-T card (AverMedia 771 version) running under
Mandrake 10.0.  I have minimal linux experience (please don't flame
me) and I am finding I am a bit over my head but I don't want to quit.

In the mandrake control center, the tuner device is shown, but when it
scans for channels, it comes up with nothing.  I have done heaps of
searching on this list and just about all of Google (so please don't
flame me about that either) and have read plenty of journals about
folks that have done it.

Can anybody point me in the direction of a nice, dumbass friendly
manual on how to go about this?  FWIW, Myth is compiled and running
OK.  FWIW also, I am in Brisbane, Australia (in case I need those
frequency listing thingy-ma-jigs).

Thanks to all those that can lend a minute to help,
Dave

--
GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH