[mythtv-users] AC3 passthrough still doesn't work.

Bo Najdrovsky myth at najdrovsky.com
Sun Oct 24 03:46:58 UTC 2004

Well, I've made quite a bit of progress on my HD2000 based MythTV box,
but there is one last remaining nagging issue, and that's the fact that
the AC3 passthrough does not work in mythfrontend.  I'm able to play the
recorded .nuv files with mplayer, and the AC3 passthrough works fine
with that program when I use the command line option -ao
alsa:device=spdif    This fact confirmed for me that my hardware is not
at fault, but the bug must be in Myth.  I went and recompiled MythTV
0.16 to make sure that ALSA output is enabled, restarted everything and
put ALSA:spdif into the audio device field in front end configuration,
but the results are the same as with OSS... I hear about quarter second
of audio, and then silence.  I'm guessing that perhaps mythfrontend
isn't setting up the SPDIF port correctly.  Any ideas?