[mythtv-users] Best TV-Out Support

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Fri Oct 22 21:31:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 08:30:15AM -0400, Zach Paine wrote:
> [Somebody else wrote:]
> > 3. A TV-Card with intergrated TV-Out, such as the Hauppauge PVR 350. (I
> > have one so I'm a bit biased)
> > Advantages: Good image quality, bypasses monitor completely, so no issues.
> > Disadvantages: Expensive (think $200-300 per card), Set-up is still
> > fiddelly (good HOWTO's are available & will get better ;-) )
>
> Ack.. probably too expensive for this particular project.

They're not as expensive as the OP wrote.  While the PVR-350 does cost a bit
more than the average Bt878-based capture card, I bought mine at NewEgg for
about $150.  Their price has since gone up a bit, but Froogle lists several
vendors carrying it starting at about $160.  eBay has some listed starting
at $110, if you don't mind buying used.

  _/_