[mythtv-users] CD Rip kills sound in video recordings

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 13:26:15 UTC 2004

Anyone had this happen before?  I tried ripping a CD last night and
discovered that any recording started after I started ripping it
reported /dev/dsp in use and so no sound.  The show that was recording
when I started it was fine. fuser reported that /dev/dsp was being
used by mythtranscode.  I tried forcibly killing the mythtranscode
process that that fuser reported and restarting mythbackend and that
resulted in :

QServerSocket: failed to bind or listen to the socket
Failed to bind port: 6543

Sound familiar to anyone?