[mythtv-users] Re: MythVideo Cover Images not created

David W Davis davidw.davis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 04:02:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 03:08:51 -0400, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> David W Davis wrote:
>
> >Any ideas on why the images aren't being created?
> >
> Permissions?  Ownership of directory?  Directory specified in
> configuration doesn't exist?
>
> Could be a lot of things.  How about some more info?  (Even with the
> info from your previous post, there's not enough to tell what's going
> on.)  Which user is running mythbackend?  What directory is specified in
> the MythVideo configuration for cover images?  What are the
> permissions/ownership of that directory?  And, please include anything
> else you find that might be relevant for determining the cause or even
> for ruling out possible causes.
>

> Mike

I believe the user "mythtv" is running the backend.  I set it up as a
daemon per Jarod's guide.  The issue is on my seperate front end.  I
mount the videos with Samba (the files are on a Windows box).  The
directory specified in the frontend is /root/.mythtv/MythVideo.  This
directory does exist, and it's permissions are drwxr-xr-x  2 root root
4096 Oct 12 22:32 MythVideo.  Do I need to change ownership of this to
the mythtv user?  Any ideas?

I'm also having a bit of trouble mounting things via Samba at boot.  I
added the directories to my /etc/fstab file, but at boot I get a
permission denied error.  But when I run mount -ao remount, the
directories are mounted fine.  Any ideas on this?

The final oddity with my videos being mounted via Samba is that while
playing them I get occassional pauses/stutters, which I don't get from
any windows boxes.  But from some of the digging I've been doing I
think this may be related to ALSA.
Thanks for any info.