[mythtv-users] backup device

wmunson at rochester.rr.com wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Oct 21 18:00:10 UTC 2004

> what backup device are you guys using for your system?

I use Acronis True Image. They provide a bootable CD which does a great sector-by-sector backup to my DVD drive. I can backup everything except for the video and music folders onto a single DVD-RW. My video and music files are on a LVM spanning 3 drives (~600GB) so its a bit big to back up to anything but a tape drive. I have successfully used it to restore the complete operating system after my primary drive died. Restore took about 20 minutes from dead to running like normal.