[mythtv-users] Re: Wife Acceptance Factor question: dealing with crashes

Tim Sailer tps at buoy.com
Thu Oct 21 11:36:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 11:20:41PM -0800, John Andersen wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 October 2004 18:04, Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
> > I think that if you look back over the interactions
> > between devs and users you'd see that the folks that demonstrate that
> > they can follow simple directions get good responses from the
> > developers, those that don't get negative responses.
>
> My expierence is that people who can FOLLOW simple directions
> end up with Myth systems that run flawlessly.
>
> I've never seen a project with such good step-by-step docs.
> (And I installed from source - not RPMs).

What does anyone think about posting a monthly message that simply shows the
current state of the project, and then contains links to all the docs?
I'm on the Asterisk mailinglist, and they started something like this,
due to the same problem. The monthly posting dropped the newbie-not-reading
type questions by about 90%. It should also be included in the welcome
message for the mailinglist when you sign up.

Tim