[mythtv-users] Re: Answers about pcHDTV HD-3000 support in Myth, QAM support, and more

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Thu Oct 21 11:25:13 UTC 2004

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> ...so, wait... does that mean that there would be 2 video devices (say,
> /dev/video0 (NTSC/V4L) and /dev/video32 (ATSC)), but that they couldn't
> be used simultaneously?  That would mean that both devices couldn't be
> configured for use in Myth, unless a means was devised to let the
> scheduler know that they share a tuner.  Or am I not seeing this right?

You are correct.  This is probably the primary reason Myth doesn't
support the NTSC side of the hd-2000 card better: nobody's been inspired
to introduce this concept into the scheduler.  This may matter to people
more with the HD-3000, since its NTSC side has composite/S-video in and
stereo sound, and is thus useful for a cable box.

-Doug