[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase for people outside the zone for the internal grabber

Greg Wildman list at itns.co.za
Thu Oct 21 09:02:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 15:22 -0400, Jeff C wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm wondering if someone can help me.  I currently live in the Caribbean and
> I've cobbled together (via five different sets of listings, and then an hour
> of hand mapping channels and downloading icons) a complete guide grabber and
> icon/channel map for my area.  At home I run Myth .14 with it and it works
> great.
>
> I am building up a new machine for someone and to my horror I've discovered
> I can't import from a file with .16 any more.
>
> When I run:
>
> $ mythfilldatabase --file 1 0 Listings.xml
>
> It thinks for a while then says:
>
> Don't use tv_grab_na_dd, use the internal datadirect grabber.
>
> Well, I'd love to use the internal grabbed but my cableco isn't supported,
> thus all the other work I've done.  Is there a flag I can set to over ride
> this and read my listings from a file as I've always done?  I hope someone
> can help.
>
> PS - I did search gossamer and read the related postings but I didn't find
> anyone in quite the same boat as me.

Well I am sort of in the same boat as you. As I live in South Africa
there are also no XML listings provided by our TV/DSTV providers. Of
course there are people who have "made a plan" and have provided XML
files for download that contain all the TV guides.

Weekly, I download the XML file and load it into the database manually
using mythfilldatabase, like so;

  mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 /tmp/ZA-XMLTV.xml

Now this works without a hitch for me so I can only think that
mythfilldatabase is checking the actual content of your XML file and
finds something that tells it that the XML data is from the
tv_grab_na_dd program. If you want I can send you a sample of the XML
file I use so you can look to see what is different.

--

They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards you hear satanic messages.
That's nothing, if you play it forwards it installs Windows.