[mythtv-users] IR Blaster + ExpressVu 3100

mythtv at codepoets.ca mythtv at codepoets.ca
Wed Oct 20 22:09:47 UTC 2004

Hi All -

I'm getting kinda frustrated with my IR blaster.  I'm trying to get it
working with my ExpressVu receiver which apparently, is a DISH network
blaster.

The problem I'm having is that the blaster doesn't work with mythtv (I
have another thread going here about that).  The other problem I'm having
is that the blaster seems to be dropping about 1/3 of the signals.  Like,
if I enter in '213', then it sometimes will drop one of those numbers and
then the receiver won't change to the right channel.

I compiled lirc from scratch.  it's like I'm using the right driver, but
it doesn't seem like it's working all the time.  The blaster is about 3"
from the  receiver, so I doubt that's the problem.

Thanks for your help!
Jeff