[mythtv-users] Getting VIA graphics to work, or buy a PVR-350?

John Kuhn kuhn at razorsys.com
Wed Oct 20 19:48:49 UTC 2004

Joe Votour wrote:

>Only if you have the CPU horsepower to decode the non
>MPEG-2,

well thats going to be on any setup... unless someone has got the Xcard
thing working...

>On my Athlon XP 2400+, Xine states that it's dropping
>frames when outputting to the ivtvdev driver.  It's
>not enough for me to notice, but the killer for me is
>that XMAME doesn't work very well on the PVR-350.

true it does drop frames.. but i don't notice it at all when watching
it... I cant play any roms on my 350.. but i believe this is being
currently worked on.

>My XBox MythTV frontend on the other hand, has
>graphics that are almost as good as the PVR-350, but
>I'm still experimenting with that.  Conexant seems to
>make some pretty good TV-Out chips.

I really wanna do the xbox thing myself.. looks like a fun project