[mythtv-users] Getting VIA graphics to work, or buy a PVR-350?

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Wed Oct 20 19:28:09 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 20:42, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 October 2004 10:52, Maarten wrote:
> > On Wednesday 20 October 2004 11:43, William wrote:

> > Fine except for that the OP specifically said he uses a VIA Epia M10000.
> > Good luck inserting ANY vga card in that board as it has only one slot,
> > which is PCI and obviously in use by the capturecard.  So your advice is
> > worthless.
>
> While I agree it isn't quite the best advice for an EPIA, you *can* have
> multiple PCI cards on these boards with a riser, so it isn't completely
> worthless, just mostly. A better suggestion would be to use the latest
> unichrome stuff, since its getting pretty good. I plan to go down that road
> myself in the near future...
>
> > (when will people start reading... sigh)
>
> And when will people stop giving exasperated replies that aren't entirely
> accurate... :-)

Fair enough. :-)  But let's not forget that your whole rebuttal depends on
A) whether said FX5200 card is even available in a PCI form
B) whether the OP has a casing that can/will accomodate a risercard
C) whether the OP wanted that answer instead of help with his setup.
D) whether the OP wants to spend the extra money on the card+riser

Maarten