[mythtv-users] XvMC, bob, OSD, and the patch

dean vanden heuvel deanv at cox.net
Wed Oct 20 04:26:13 UTC 2004

I am currently using Myth CVS from after the time this patch:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/87191

was included.  The patch theoretically displays the second field (of two interlaced fields) which was, in the past, skipped.  It has greatly smoothed the playback using XvMC with Bob...no more choppy play, and for obvious reasons.  However, this has for me introduced another problem.  The OSD now flickers madly, and it looks like the overlay is only on one of the two bob field/frames, which sort of makes sense given the patch.

My question is...is there something else I have missed that would fix this?  I assume since I have not seen other complaints that this is not a REAL bug, but some misconfiguration on my part.

BTW, I am using ivtv 0.1.10-pre2-ck113a, just in case that matters...

-dvh