[mythtv-users] ivtv/mythtv recording problems

Alexander Farley afarley at caltech.edu
Wed Oct 20 01:50:23 UTC 2004

Hello,

	I am not able to record in mythtv using a PVR-350 with tuner type 47.
I can get the card to do everything else that it is supposed to do. I
can "cat /dev/video0  > /tmp/test.mpg" and get high quality recordings
and I can watch live TV in mythtv. However, when I try to record either
through scheduling or while watching live TV all I get is black. The
backend appears to die, though the process does not. If the daemon is
restarted recording continues, but is still black. In order to watch
live TV after an attempt to record, mythbackend must be restarted. I
have tried several different recording profiles with no success. I am a
little mystified that I can pull video off of /dev/video0, but get
nothing in mythtv.  I have looked through my logs and nothing looks
suspicious. If there is something in specific that I should look for I
am all ears. Any help is welcome.

	If this question has been answered before please provide the search
keywords as I have found nothing useful.

P.S I have had this problem with both 0.16 and cvs as of Oct 14 (as
recording from live TV crash was fixed).

Alex