[mythtv-users] TV-Home anyone ?

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 19 21:05:16 UTC 2004

Mark Wormgoor wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>Are there any chances of getting the Dutch TV-Home (as done by Essent
>>cablecom) digital broadcast into MythTV?
>>There were once some advertisments of getting TV-Home directly on your
>>computer (or was that UPC?)
>>But I haven't found anything on the web.
>>
>>It seems it is not broadcasted in DVB-T but you need a special Panasonic
>>or Nokia receiver to view it (with a smartcard that is) These receivers
>>have no digital connection capabilities (other than sound).
>>

>DVB-T is DVB terrestrial (Digitenne / KPN Digitale televisie).  You're
>looking for DVB-C (DVB over cable).  But both Essent and Casema use
>Irdeto-Simulcrypt.  I don't know if there is a supported decoder for those
>signals.

Hmm... I have a PCI card here that has a tuner and a chip named:

VLSI
N40086N1
VES1820-
DVB-C Receiver  <---
COMATLAS 2794A

It came from a small Siemens media computer system intended for use in
CenterParcs houses.

It also has a SAA7164A and a TMX320AV7110GFN chip and of course a
Philips Tuner

This Siemens computer had a slot in front where a smartcard could be put
in, the reader is on a separate PCB.

I looked into the settings of a stand-alone Panasonic DVB-C receiver as
used by TV-Home and it 'does' QAM64
as multiplexing technique. I don't know if this card can handle such a
signal.

Gert