[mythtv-users] unique player command in mythvideo

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 19 20:57:23 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 16:19, Markus Amann wrote:
> Hi List
> I try to use a additional player command per file configured in the
> Videomanager , but if i fill in a "-ac divx" in the line and i try to
> play back the file via the configured mplayer i see only a short
> the following maybe there is sonethin wrong with my syntax or i
> misunderstand this feature ?
>
> thats whats comming up  in the bash in i play back the file
>
> GNU long options:
>         --debug
>         --dump-po-strings
>         --dump-strings
>         --help
>         --init-file
>         --login
>         --noediting
>         --noprofile
>         --norc
>         --posix
>         --rcfile
>         --restricted
>         --verbose
>         --version
>         --wordexp
> Shell options:
>         -irsD or -c command or -O shopt_option          (invocation
> only) -abefhkmnptuvxBCHP or -o option

When you fill in a player command, you must specify the *entire*
command.  The string you type is not appended to the default player
command; it's an entirely separate command.  If you want to run the
default player with some extra options for a specific file type, you'll
have to copy the default player command and type it into the field
along with whatever extra options you want.

-JAC