[mythtv-users] New Hauppauge Cards (PVR-150 and PVR-500)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 19 19:42:41 UTC 2004

Thomas M. Pluth wrote:

>  Hauppauge has come out with two new MPEG-2 cards, the PVR-150 which is a
>lower cost version of the PVR-250 and the PVR-500 which has dual tuners
>and encoders.  I'm sure there are many on this list that would love to
>see these supported by ivtv and MythTV.  To that end, I'm taking up a
>collection to get one of each of these cards for Chris Kennedy to work
>on. I'm primarily interested in the PVR-500 in order to save PCI slots,
>but I'm sure there are many that are interested in the PVR-150, since
>it's about half the price of the PVR-250.
>
>   Anyone interested in contributing, please email me off list and I'll
>let you know how to contribute.

It might be more appropriate to buy them for Jelle Foks (
http://www.foks.8m.com/cx88-blackbird.html ) (although I'm sure Chris
wouldn't mind one ;).

PVR-500: http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Sep-2004/msg00430.html
PVR-500 (entire thread):
http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Sep-2004/threads.html#00411

PVR-150: http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Sep-2004/msg00908.html
PVR-150 (entire thread):
http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Sep-2004/threads.html#00769

Both look like they're based on the blackbird reference design (i.e.
they will use the cx88 driver instead of the ivtv driver).

Mike