[mythtv-users] 2 short questions.

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 19:43:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:20:36 -0400, sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com
<sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> When I do a "ps -ef | grep mythbackend" it shows like 10 instances (childs/threads).
> Do I really need 10 instances for MythTV? If not, how can I reduce these.
>
> I'm using a Hauppauge PVR 350. Is there anyway I can run MythTV without X being active?

No, not normal and not needed.  Short of a reboot, try shutting down
mythbackend and checking again (service mythbackend stop if you've
configured it that way).  If they persist, try killall mythbackend.

Backend yes, front end no.  Best you can do for front end is a minimal
window manager, such as blackbox, ratpoison, or enlightenment.