[mythtv-users] Answers about pcHDTV HD-3000 support in Myth, QAM support, and more

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Tue Oct 19 17:52:11 UTC 2004

While the HD-3000 will hopefully have support for unencrypted QAM
digital cable streams, am I correct that there is only one coax input,
so you won't be able to switch between broadcast and cable in software?

Personally, I would have kept the two coax inputs and dropped NTSC input
altogether.  All the reports from the forums suggests that hardly anyone
is even trying to use the NTSC side of the card, as using a hardware
MPEG encoder is vastly superior.

--PC