[mythtv-users] nvidia tv-out - how do you do it?

john salch jsalch at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 12:05:38 UTC 2004

The following works for me to offer two screens:

# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen TV"
        Screen      1  "Screen LCD" RightOf "Screen
TV"
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note,
this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").
There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are
concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font
server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath
"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "v4l"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled
(eg, with xset(1))
#	Option	"Xleds"		"1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment
XkbDisable.
#	Option	"XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard,
modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example,
for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can
use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout
setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
# or:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
#	Option	"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your
capslock and
# control keys, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:nocaps"
#
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option	    "XkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/psaux"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse
then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to
let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
	Identifier  "DevInputMice"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "LCD"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "DPro930SB"
        DisplaySize  370        270
        HorizSync    30.0 - 110.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "TV"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "JVC TV"
        HorizSync    30 - 50
        VertRefresh  60
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "nvidia TV"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        BusId           "PCI:1:0:0"
        VendorName      "Videocard vendor"
        Option          "ConnectedMonitor"      "TV"
        Option          "TVStandard"
"NTSC-M"
        Option          "TVOutFormat"
"SVIDEO"
        Option          "NvAgp"                 "1"
	Option      	"TVOverScan" 		"1.0"
        Screen 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "nvidia LCD"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        BusId           "PCI:1:0:0"
        VendorName      "Videocard vendor"
        Option          "ConnectedMonitor"      "CRT"
        Screen 1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen LCD"