[mythtv-users] Remote Not working In Mythtv

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Mon Oct 18 22:42:31 UTC 2004

> Wayne,
>
> OK found the hidden directory. Here is the output
> .                             .fonts.conf
> .mozilla
> ..                            .gconf
> .mythtv
> .autorun.lck                  .gconfd
> .openoffice-install-log
> .bash_history                 .gnome
> .openoffice-lock
> .bash_logout                  .gnome2
> .parallelrealities
> .bash_profile                 .gnome2_private
> .qt
> .bashrc                       .gtkrc
> .recently-used
> .cdserverrc                   .ICEauthority
> .reslisarc
> .DCOPserver_192.168.1.250__0  .kde
> .rhn-applet
> .DCOPserver_192.168.1.250_:0  .kderc
> .rhn-applet.conf
> Desktop                       .libquicktime_codecs
> .rhopenoffice1.1
> .dmrc                         lircrc
> .ssh
> .emacs                        .lpoptions
> .sversionrc
> .esd_auth                     .mailcap
> .thumbnails
> .fishsrv.pl                   .mcop
> .Xauthority
> .fonts                        .mcoprc
> .xsession-errors
> .fonts.cache-1                .mime.types
>
> I am using Fedora Core 2 and used the Documentation
> from Jarod on Wilsonet.com. Still I moved the lircrc
> to the directory and still do not have the remote
> working in Mythtv. Many thanks for you help. David

Did you restart lircd with lircrc in the correct place?

# service lircd restart

Do you get any errors on startup?

# cat /var/log/messages |grep lirc

You should see something similar to:

Oct 15 17:06:19 mythtv lircd 0.7.0pre8[1978]: lircd(any) ready
Oct 15 17:06:19 mythtv lircd: lircd startup succeeded

If it's been awhile since you've rebooted you may have to substitute
"messages" in the above command with "messages.1" or similar.

If that all looks good, what are the permissions on /dev/lircd?

# ls -l /dev/lircd
srw-rw-rw-  1 root root 0 Oct 15 17:06 /dev/lircd

And if that's correct are you sure you have the right lirc files in the
right place? I'm not using the hauppauge remote, but...

running this:

# head /etc/lircd.conf

should give you this:

# brand:                       Hauppauge
# model no. of remote control: Grey (PVR-350)

begin remote

  name  hauppaugegrey
  bits           13
  eps            30