[mythtv-users] pcHDTV support for normal TV over PVR-350

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 17:00:51 UTC 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:00:59 -0500, Anando Bhattacharya
<a3217055 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if I could use a pcHDTV card with cable tv ( I don't
> have a cable box )? I don't mind using the PVR-350, but I wouldn't
> mind supportign the pcHDTV who have made a prodcut that is fully Linux
> compatiable. I would like to know what you guys think.
> Thanks

Short answer is: The pcHDTV card is designed for OTA (over the air -
aka antenna) not for cable.

Long answer: I think that the new pcHDTV 3000 card might have some
support for cable. But even then, I think it can only handle
non-encrypted channels.

Hope that helps,
Lane
--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003