[mythtv-users] Remote Not working In Mythtv

David Phillips hockoham at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 18:04:14 UTC 2004

--- Wayne Steenburg <w.steenburg at myactv.net> wrote:

> <reformat>

> processor.
> > > 256
> the
> > > Black
> working
> > > well
> output
> > > when
> is
> approiate

> the
> > > lircrc
> > > standard

> > > just
> until I
> > > feel
> have
> > > been
> baby
> > > am

> --- Wayne Steenburg <w.steenburg at myactv.net> wrote:
>
> > > Hi David, since running irw gives you output
> when
> > > you use the remote
> > > that tells me that you have a /etc/lircd.conf in
> > > place.  The lircrc file
> > > belongs in /home/mythtv/.mythtv .  If you just
> have
> > > it in your home
> > > directory I don't believe myth will find it.  If
> > > lircrc is in it's
> > > proper place, then make sure the button names
> are
> > > exactly the same in
> > > both files.  I hope this gives you a good start,
> > > otherwise post again
> > > with more info.
> > >
> > > Wayne Steenburg
> > >
> On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 12:19, David Phillips wrote:
> > Wayne,
> >
> > I do not have a Mythtv directory of files in
> > Mythtv/home. Is this a problem? I loaded the
> mythtv
> > suite through Synaptic. Everything in the mythtv
> works
> > excpet the remote as I stated before. Should I
> place
> > the lircrc file in another directory?
> >
> > Thanks
> > David
> </reformat>
>
> David,
>
> First, please bottom post so people can follow along
> easier :)
>
> By default mythtv look for the lircrc file in a
> hidden directory
> (.mythtv) in the mythtv users' home directory.
> (/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc) Running "ls -a
> /home/mythtv" from a
> terminal ought to show that directory being present.
> You stated that you
> installed with Synaptic.  Are you running Fedora or
> Debian or something
> else?  What documentation are you using? Again it
> sounds to me like you
> don't have the lircrc in the proper place.
>
> Please post the results of "ls -a /home/mythtv" ,
> "ls
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv", your linux distribution,
> where you pulled your
> myth packages from and what documentation you're
> [...]

Wayne,

OK found the hidden directory. Here is the output
.                             .fonts.conf
.mozilla
..                            .gconf
.mythtv
.autorun.lck                  .gconfd
.openoffice-install-log
.bash_history                 .gnome
.openoffice-lock
.bash_logout                  .gnome2
.parallelrealities
.bash_profile                 .gnome2_private
.qt
.bashrc                       .gtkrc
.recently-used
.cdserverrc                   .ICEauthority
.reslisarc
.DCOPserver_192.168.1.250__0  .kde
.rhn-applet
.DCOPserver_192.168.1.250_:0  .kderc
.rhn-applet.conf
Desktop                       .libquicktime_codecs
.rhopenoffice1.1
.dmrc                         lircrc
.ssh
.emacs                        .lpoptions
.sversionrc
.esd_auth                     .mailcap
.thumbnails
.fishsrv.pl                   .mcop
.Xauthority
.fonts                        .mcoprc
.xsession-errors
.fonts.cache-1                .mime.types

I am using Fedora Core 2 and used the Documentation
from Jarod on Wilsonet.com. Still I moved the lircrc
to the directory and still do not have the remote
working in Mythtv. Many thanks for you help. David