[mythtv-users] What happens to recordings if I change channel setup?

Chris Curtis ender at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 16 19:26:35 UTC 2004

I'm about to switch my system over to controlling my digital cable box
rather than tuning directly (I'm paying for it, might as well use it).
As far as I understand, the process is basically to run mythtvsetup
again, and say YES to deleting the existing channel information (after
I change my settings on DataDirect, of course). Is this correct?

Also, what happens to my existing recordings when I do that? Are they
untouched? Do they get bogus channel info attached to them? Or worse?
Just trying to make sure I don't destroy anything in the process.

Thanks!

--chris