[mythtv-users] Problems with 0.16

Brady liquidgecka at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 22:52:25 UTC 2004

I just upgraded my MythBox and I am having interesting issues now with
0.16 (0.15.1 ran with a few little glitches).

First:
I can't delete anything! It tells me that the connection to the server
timed out and fails to actually delete anything. I can however watch
shows without any problems. Any thoughts as to what would cause this?

Second:
If I watch a show, then attempt to watch another show the front end
crashes. This problem seems to have gone away with a complete reset of
the database.

Third:
When first watching a show it plays for about half a second, cuts out
and lags for about 5-10 seconds then starts again. Everything plays
fine while the show is going and there doesn't seem to be any hardware
lag issues that I can identify. Is this common or can it be fixed?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Setup:
Athlon XP 1600+/256M of RAM.
Dual high speed SATA drives in RAID/stripe  mode.
Gentoo build (completly up to date)
1 Hauppauge PVR350, 1 Hauppauge PVR250 and an inactive BTTV based card.
Output through a nVidia GeForce 440MX.