[mythtv-users] 0.16 slave backend won't connect to master backend

Lonnie Borntreger myth at borntreger.com
Fri Oct 15 20:40:17 UTC 2004

I just upgraded from 0.14 to 0.16.  I have a slave that will no longer
connect to the master.  All the settings are correct in the mysql.txt
file, and I think everything else is correct, but when it starts, the
log shows:

  Running as a slave backend
  Connecting to master server: localhost:6543

That used to have my master's IP address instead of "localhost" in 0.14

Did I miss something in the setup?  The frontend properly shows the
program guide and statuses from the master, but it no longer can see
scheduled recordings or already recorded shows on the master.

Lonnie Borntreger