[mythtv-users] PVR to the extreme!

John Andersen jsa at video.homelinux.org
Fri Oct 15 19:54:23 UTC 2004

On Friday 15 October 2004 11:44, John Thomas wrote:
> Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there that doesn't
> understand the need for over 4 tuner cards?  Is there really that much
> quality TV out there that there is always 4 programs scheduled
> concurrently that you just cannot miss?

I think if you use myth for everything (including watching tv while
recording) there would VERY occasionally be use for three cards
(two recording while one watching), but even this seems tenuous
as you can watch on a regular tv)...

I've only occasionally wished I had two, but I only have one card.

But you are correct, for all but news and sports there are so many
repeats that simply telling Myth to record one instance of a
program an letting it resolve conflicts seems to work fine.

--