[mythtv-users] Killing Commercial flags

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:03:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:19:58 -0400, Tim Sailer <tps at buoy.com> wrote:
> I mistakenly left commercial flagging enabled recording shows that were
> commercial free. Unfortunately, large portions of the show are now skipped.
> I've searched the archives, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the
> commercial skips. Can someone give me a pointer?
>
> THanks,
> Tim
>
> --
> >> Tim Sailer                       ><  Coastal Internet, Inc.          <<
> >> Network and Systems Operations   ><  PO Box 726                      <<
> >> http://www.buoy.com              ><  Moriches, NY 11955              <<
> >> tps at buoy.com                     ><  (631) 399-2910  (888) 924-3728  <<

Well for starters you can just turn off skipping commercials in the
options menu while watching the show.  I'm not entirely positive that
the commercial flags are in the cutlist, but I couldn't find another
logical place for them.  Without directly going into the code, I'm
going to assume that the cutlist holds the flags as well, with the
commflagged field toggling.

If that sounds close enough to you, first back up your mysql database
(You can tell it's going to be fun when someone starts like this) then
I'd try going into mysql and dropping the flagging field for those
channels (I'm assuming the entire channel is commercial free, not just
a few programs).  First you'll need to know the channel id of the
channels that are commercial free, then put it in the XXX below:

mysql -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> update recorded set starttime=starttime, cutlist=NULL where
chanid="XXXXX";

You could do something similiar for individual programs by channing
the chanid to title="King of the Hill" or the like.

Now I'm sure people are going to come down on my for my stupidity.
After all, I know just enough to be truly dangerous!