[mythtv-users] feature request

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 14:58:36 UTC 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 21:11, Ryan Steffes wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:01:10 -0400, James Armstrong
>
> <james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:
> > Is there anyway to get a clock added to the main menu screen or add
> > an option so that it would be themable? It would be nice to have it
> > on the Watch recordings screen also at the bottom somewhere.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James
>
> Strangely enough, I was just thinking about that the other day.  If
> no one else responds, I may look into where mythweather gets the time
> from and see if I can figure out how to move it to a different page.

This has been on my TODO list for quite a while, but as I'm now working
on a new menu customization scheme, please do go ahead if you want to
implement a clock themeable element.  It's not quite as simple as
"moving" mythweather's clock display to Myth's menu interface; there
would have to be code involved.  Mythweather may be able to *position*
its time display via a theme element, but it actually has to create the
object & update the time in code.

If you're able to code and want to pursue this, we can move this over to
the -dev list.  Otherwise, I may get around to it someday.

-JAC