[mythtv-users] PVR-350, ivtvdev_drv.o, KDE desktop taking priority when it shouldn't on FC2

Michael Fenston fenston-myth at san.rr.com
Fri Oct 15 13:16:05 UTC 2004

Hi ...

I'm having an issue with my mythbox where it appears the KDE desktop is
overriding the video output display on the PVR-350.  It happens randomly
while watching live TV sometimes.  I left live TV running all day as a
burn in test and came home to find the KDE desktop with the mythtv GUI
blacked out.  I can hear audio when this happens and can usually get
back to seeing video by changing channels.  It also happens when I view
the EPG overlay while watching live TV (consistently) but I can get out
of it by pressing the Menu button twice.  Any ideas on a fix for this?

I'm running Fedora Core 2, the latest at-stable 100zz ivtv stuff from
atrpms (as of this morning) and the ivtvdev_drv.o file from
http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz/

Thanks,

-Mike