[mythtv-users] Re: MythWeb: Whatta Feature

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:36:45 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:45:02 +0200, Ben Buxton <mythtv at ml.cactii.net> wrote:
> Mercury Morris <mercury.morris at gmail.com> uttered the following thing:
> >
> > >From another machine, I tried http://192.168.1.3/mythweb/
> > and WOW!  What a nice tool MythWeb is.  Now, with MythWeb
> > working, I just might go back into the trial-and-error cave for
> > some more exploring.
>
> Agreed! I absolutely love the format that the tv guide is displayed in.
> It's far more intuitive than any other TV guide I've seen. Browsing
> shows for a day is incredibly simple.
>
> It's a shame there are no other TV guide type utilities around that are
> as good. I also run VDR for satellite reception (I'd prefer myth but the
> DVB capabilities aren't as mature), but it's got nothing similar.
>
> Perhaps the guide rendering algorithm of mythweb needs to be documented
> more?
>
> BB

Ben,

Could you tell me more about your VDR installation?
Do you run it on the same system as MythTV?

My MythTV installation (0.16) has me quite frustrated
in that I cannot figure out how to get it to switch between
the Tuner0 and Composite0 inputs.  Tapping the 'c' key
at first makes the picture stop for two seconds, then it just
resumes Channel 3.  Or, if I was watching another channel,
it returns to Channel 3.

I'm considering a second PVR-250 card and moving the
satellite video/audio feeds to the new card.  How do you have
your Inputs arranged?

Thanks, MM