[mythtv-users] X Freezes blank on 'watch tv'

Darren Boyd dboyd at its.to
Thu Oct 14 14:40:56 UTC 2004

[returning from vacation, sorry for the tardy reply]

Yes, I have managed to get everything working.  My problem was related
to having incompatible versions of several modules trying to work
together.  Specifically, the IVTV modules, and the PVR-350 X driver.
Unfortunately, I do not remember the exact details of the drivers I was
using, but I will outline what I have now (which is working).

I had to use relatively new IVTV drivers to get the new tuner type for
Tuner #47.  The package I had did not come with the MSP3400 module.  So,
I downloaded the IVTV source from Chris Kennedy's and compiled.  I then
used the MSP3400 module, and the X driver from the compiled source.

At that point, things didn't work.  I was lucky enough to find a post
referring to an archive of the 100z IVTV driver source.  I downloaded
that, compiled it and used (only) the MSP3400 and the X driver from it
and voila, everything worked.

My memories is vague here (like I said, just got back from vacation :)),
sorry I don't remember all the details.

I believe that the newer packages available from ATRpms contain all the
necessary pieces now.  If you are still having issues, feel free to send
more questions my way.