[mythtv-users] Subtitle (Teletext) recording and PVR-350?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Thu Oct 14 14:37:13 UTC 2004

Steven, Joseph and Rudy;

Thanks very much for your comments.

 > You mention that you read that it doesn't work with a PVR-x50 and then
 > you ask if it works with a PVR-350... now that's confusing.

Steven - Yeah I realise that, but that person says subtitle support
isn't available with digital cards and then goes on to mention PVR-x50
cards that isn't supported which I know are analogue cards.  As you and
the others have cleared up, it's due to different drivers.  Just wanted
to clarify.

Anyway, this now makes me really nervous of buying a PVR-350 card
considering as I rely totally on subtitles as I'm deaf - probably best
thing for now is to buy a cheap analogue TV card for now, and upgrade to
PVR-350 or direct to the DVB card once subtitle support is sorted for
either of those?  But then again I've already an digital STB and I can
use the PVR-350 to record from that as the subtitles is "pasted" on the
screen - but subtitles on the STB is fairly spotty (loses out around 20%
subtitles normally at around critical moments!  Not sure if it's the STB
or my aerial that's to blame).  Hmm decisions, decisions...

But then again I could get both the PVR-350 and the Win-TV Express as
the Express is only 30 quid or summat and enjoy the best of both worlds :)

Also what's the best way to find out when subtitle support is ready for
the PVR-350 and/or the DVB (terrestrial/satellite) cards?

Thanks again for your help

Cheers - Piers