[mythtv-users] Re: high CPU for X and prebuffering pause

Henry Chin hoichin at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 14:21:41 UTC 2004

>Can someone describe for me what are the typical
>reasons why I have high CPU usage (60%) for X and
>occasional prebuffering pause message occuring when I
>watch live tv.
>When I play my recordings I do not see the
>prebuffering pause. I have tried turning off
>deinterlacing and commerical flagging but the high
CPU
>for X and prebuffering pause still occurs.
>Regards,
>HC.

How do I check if my video card has Xv extension?
I am using an Asus Pundit with built-in video support.
 It uses the SiS650 chip and the driver is "sis".

I installed on a Mandrake v10 (kernel 2.6.3) system
using Thac's RPM for the latest MythTV 0.16.  I also
tried compiling MythTV from source and that did not
make a difference.  I'll check the archives for "This
is odd..." to see if this can help.
Regards,
HC.