[mythtv-users] Updated docs for Mythtv, PVR-250, pcHDTV, on kernel 2.6.9-rc4

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Oct 14 13:03:31 UTC 2004

On 10/13/2004 7:40 PM, David Collett wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 23:05, David George wrote:
>

>>For those brave souls that always have to try the latest and greatest I
>>have a new page that describes setting up kernel 2.6.9-rc4 for MythTV
>>with the latest kraxel v4l patches, and pcHDTV driver.
>>
>>It is linked off my main pcHDTV/PVR250 Mythtv setup page (
>>http://thegeorges.us/mythtv ), but can also be reached directly (
>>http://thegeorges.us/mythtv/269rc4.html ).
>>

>Your pages mention that you use an NVIDIA vid card with the 6111
>drivers? Do they compile against 2.6.9-rc4? I had a feeling they did
>not.

[Fixed top posting, and trimmed myth list signatures]

They don't.  I needed to attempt the Nvidia install.  When the installer
failed I copied the tmp nvidia source directory somewhere else (it was
just easier than spending the time to extract the binary data out of the
shell script).  Canceled the Nvidia install.  Modified the Nvidia source
code as described on the net (sorry I don't have links handy, google
should be able to find it).  The did a make install from the modified
Nvida source directory and away I went.

--
David