[mythtv-users] Deleting Recordings does not release Disk Space

wmunson at rochester.rr.com wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Oct 14 11:17:47 UTC 2004

> So is XFS or NFS the one to use?  I know nothing of either but Isaac
> said NFS and now you mention XFS.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Well you really need to do a bit of reading and the usual "I am not an expert" disclaimers apply to what I say.

NFS is a way to have storage on several different servers and combine them.
XFS is a fairly new very efficient file system designed for handling large files well.

now, to confuse things more, there is also LVM which is a way to combine storage on several different drives (one computer) into one large container and make it look like a single mount point. This can then be formatted with XFS.