[mythtv-users] Subtitle (Teletext) recording and PVR-350?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Thu Oct 14 08:56:44 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Just confirming - I spotted someone said that MythTV can record analogue
teletext but not DVB or the PVR-x50 cards - so I'd like to confirm, is
it possible to record analogue teletext - especially subtitles - on the
PVR-350?

Is subtitle playback reliable?  This is very important for me - I have
an S-VHS recorder but subtitle playback is terrible.

I assume MythTV records the teletext stream and when it's played back, I
use teletext on my own TV to access subtitles?

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

Cheers - Piers