[mythtv-users] Problems with Asus TV FM Card (saa 7135) and sound in mythtv, Please help

Webek bjorn at webek.net
Wed Oct 13 11:46:09 UTC 2004

I will try to explain my proplem as short as possible

I run xawtv with my soundchannel "line in" muted and I start "aplay /dev/dsp" this works fine, i here the right sound (some delay)

if i start mythtv i hear no sound but picture works fine.

Now the fun part, if i start xawtv and puts it in the background and then starts mythtv,
everything works fine, i hear sound, i can change channel and hear the right sound.

What is my problem with mythtv ???

Doesn't it send the right command to initialize the saa through v4l2 ??

As it says above i have a Asus TV FM card with saa 7135 and a Philips tuner (Pal)