[mythtv-users] Replacing dead PVR250

Billy Macdonald whmac33 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 04:33:13 UTC 2004

Hi,

     My system has 3 PVR250's.  One has died so I was planning on
replacing it.   I have a couple of questions about other encoders.

     Does anyplace still sell avermedia 179's?  I wasn't able to find
anything new but did see a couple on ebay.

     Also does anyone know about the PVR150's on Hauppauge's site.

     Next, are there any issues with the PVR250MCE's  I have no desire
for the remote, I already have those.

     And finally,  what's the status of the TVOut on the 350's?  I have
a NVidia MX440 and video out seems fine.  Every now and then I watch a
DivX and I think this used to be a concern but stopped following the
lists for a while.

Thanks,

Billy

PS.  Is there an easy way to tell what card was used to record a show.
I eventually redirected mythbackend's output to a log file and record a
bunch of shows overnight to figure it out, just wanted to check to see
if this is stored in the db anywhere.