[mythtv-users] fast audio and video

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 03:22:20 UTC 2004

Well I had mythtv up and running quite well on my Athlon 1.2Ghz
machine with 256Megs RAM and a 40Gig hard drive. I decided I wanted
more space and got a 200GB hard drive. Well my motherboard didn't
recognize it and in fooling with things I managed to really screw up
my installation. Now I have a 1.8Ghz Athlong, 512Megs RAM and a new
motherboard that recognizes the 200GB hard drive. The only problem is
now after re-installing linux and myth my video is running way too
fast. The sound seems to be keeping up with it so people sound like
chipmunks.

It happens with Live TV and recorded TV. I am running a patched 2.6
kernel and I have tried a few versions of Chris Kennedy's patches all
with the same result. My video card is a nVidia 5200FX but I was using
that before when everything was working fine. It doesn't seem to have
Xv loaded, xvinfo returns:
xlib: extension "XVideo" is missing on display ":0.0".
xvinfo: No X-Video Extensions on :0.0

I'm also not sure how to install xv? I am using the latest nVidia
drivers from nVidia. The video and audio also end up pausing briefly
which I presume is because it's coming out faster than it's going in.
Any ideas?
-Chris
--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi