[mythtv-users] Why only numeric IP addresses work?

Scott Mazur mythlists at littlefish.ca
Tue Oct 12 18:12:13 UTC 2004

I'm going to re-drege this thread.

My local network is setup on DCHP.  Other than the DCHP server box, all the
other boxes (including the myth master) are assigned dynamically.

When it comes time to setup another frontend box on the network, I'd like to
just point it to the name of the myth master, but instead I have to set it to
what really amounts to a temporary IP address.  Now, realistically, the IPs
assigned will probably never change on my local network, but hard coding a
dynamic IP address kind of defeats the purpose.

Is there any plans for Myth to resolve host names?

Scott

--
Nothing goes to waste when Little Fish are near!
(http://www.littlefish.ca)