[mythtv-users] Constant diskactivity?

Ben Brown mythtv at idiotsabound.com
Tue Oct 12 13:38:26 UTC 2004

I've had similar problems.  I've actually gone back to .15 because I've had
nothing but problems with .16 and none of them have really been addressed.
The disk activity is quite troublesome.  I have a remote backend/front-end.
This machine will work fine for a coupe of days and then suddenly it just
starts chugging away on the HD.  Continuous disk activity.  If I kill the
backend it stops, but If I start the backend back up it continues.  It does
not stop until the machine is completely rebooted.  Unfortunately with .16
my master backend doesn't like the slave dropping off and coming back about
half the time so I have to reboot both machines.  Also with .16 my master
frontend just randomly locks.  I'm talking complete machine lock not just
myth.  I don't have the C++ know how to address these issues and I don't get
any response form anybody when I post it to the Dev list.

Just in case someone actually wants to look into it.  If I use cvs -d "sep
4" Everything runs fine for days, no problems whatsoever.  If I update to
.16 which I believe is around Sep 12, everything craps out and I start
having random lockups.  I'll be glad to do whatever I can to help people
trouble shoot it.  My master backend has been running MythTV since .10 or
.11 I don't remember(about 2.5 years) and I'm only having these problems
with .16

I'd be happy to do anything I can to help people trouble shoot these
problems.  If you want more details just let me know.

Ben