[mythtv-users] Re: HD-3000 and 2.6.9?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 12 04:36:45 UTC 2004

On Oct 11, 2004, at 19:09, David George wrote:

> Brandon Beattie wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 04:20:26PM -0600, John Patrick Poet wrote:
>>
>>> What kernel/s is/are supported for the HD-3000 so far?  Do they have
>>> 2.6.9 patch ready?
>>>
>> The box I worked with was 2.6.3 and 2.6.7.  I don't believe 2.6.9 has
>> been attempted.
>>
> I have the HD-2000 running in 2.6.9rc2 and kraxel's v4l2 2.6.9rc2-2
> patch so the HD-3000 shouldn't be too much trouble.  If pcHDTV doesn't
> have a patch for 2.6.9 I should be able make a patch for it.

Cool, just looked at your site and saw the 2.6.9-rc2 patches. I was
about to bump the kernel on my box up from 2.6.7, primarily because I
finally bought my first-ever SATA drive, which I want to drop in my
pcHDTV-equipped box. Its an nForce2 board, for which SATA drivers don't
exist until 2.6.8. :-)

Out of curiosity, have you tried the pcHDTV 1.4ulmo patches on top of
the pcHDTV 1.3 patches? Better? Worse? No difference? No comment?

>  I might not be able to get my HD-3000 until Christmas though :-( .

Its my birthday in a few weeks, maybe I can talk my wife into getting
me one...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com